Where to apply
A nonporous construction and fewer seams make Food Service Floors & Protect-All nonabsorbent to a variety of substances, including grease, animal fats, chemicals, mildew and bacteria, stains, odors and fluids.
- Commercial Kitchens
- Animal Care Facilities
- MultiPurpose Rooms
- Office Buildings
- Water Facilities
- Fitness Rooms
- Retail and cosmetic
- Surgical and urgent care
- Grocery stores and gas stations
- Coolers and freezers
- Automotive sales and repair
- Correctional facilities
- and more
Save big by choosing rubber floors
Typical 1500 sq’ kitchen cost comparison over 10 years
Kitchen floor plan with ceramic tiles
Lines represent tile seams required in a restaurant using 6-inch ceramic tiles.
Kitchen floor plan with Protect-All
Lines represent sheet seams required for a typical Protect-All flooring system.
Protect-All Anti Slip Safety Floor
- Tile with standard muset and grout on concrete @$8.95sq’ Total $13425.00
- Perimeter Cementitious Backer 6″ tall@ $0.75 lin* (1600lin) Total $1200.00
- Baseboard detail 6″ tall @ $3.50 lin foot (1600 lin’) Total $5600.00
- Epoxy grout @ $1.75 sq’ (1500sq*) Total $2625.00
- Cost to upkeep and regrout every 2 years @ $4.00 sq’ (1500) Total $6000.00 every 2 years for total of $24000
Protect-All flooring installed over plywood, concrete, or many other sub floors @$18 sq’ Total $ 27000.00
Total cost $46850.00
Total cost $27000.00
Because most bacteria growth occurs in flooring seams, there is a greater risk for bacteria to form when more seams are present. Protect-All Rapid Weld helps to reduce flooring seams by at least 80 percent compared to traditional 6-inch-square ceramic tiles.
The diagram above shows a typical 1,500-square-foot commercial kitchen, pieced together from 6-inch-square ceramic tiles. More than 6,400 linear feet (1.25 miles) of grouting are required. By comparison, only 750 linear feet of welding are required with the Protect-All flooring system, which helps to eliminate over 80 percent of the seams.